That’s a wrap for week 2 of Ironman Training! I’m starting to feel in the groove again. Managing to get in the pool for a team workout once this week (and not sink) was a confidence booster. I also got in 3 strength workouts, which is fantastic, and I’m pretty sore as a result. I think it’s time to get more regimented about my post-workout nutrition.
My cold hung around for the early part of the week, but I felt significantly better near the end of the week. I’ve been making an effort to get a bit more sleep, which I know is helping. Thank you, Michael, for handling a few 4am wakings this week 🙂
Week 1 Workouts:
- Monday: 1 hour swim
- Tuesday: PM run, stretching & core
- Wednesday: 1 hour trainer ride – I finally set up the CompuTrainer, which has been sitting unused for YEARS, so I feel super accomplished!
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: PM run, strength
- Saturday: 2 hour ride with my old tri team and core
- Sunday: 1 hour run – see photo for how I felt near the end of this week
Total: 8 hours of training
Plan for Week 3 (December 21):
The plan is quite similar to last week. We celebrate Christmas and will be out of town for a grand total of 3 days to see family so my goal is to structure my workouts so that swims and runs, which require equipment, are before and after our travel, whereas runs and strength (body weight resistance) are concentrated around the days we are traveling. Oh, I’m also going to get in the pool 2x this week, something I’d planned to do last week, but didn’t execute on.
- Monday: Swim (60 mins) & strength (40 mins)
- Tuesday: Run (60 mins) & strength (10 mins)
- Wednesday: Bike (60 mins) & strength (10 mins)
- Thursday: Run (60 mins) & strength (10 mins)
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Run (60 mins), Strength (10 mins)
- Sunday: Swim (60 mins), Endurance Bike (90 mins)
Total: 8 hours, 50 minutes of training
I know it is early days, but I’m really enjoying having a goal to work towards. It feels good to be training again.
What is your holiday workout plan? Do you take some time off around this time of year or train right on through?