Week 1 of training is done! I am tired. Gahhhhh! I came down with a cold on day 2, and I did not complete all of my assigned workouts this week. If you know me, you may know I took some time off in November and fully embraced ‘the calm before the training storm’. I’m beginning to rethink that approach, as I can already feel acid accumulating in my legs from today’s workout. Taking a full month off may not have been my wisest decision…
Not to worry, I’m sure my body will adjust in a couple of weeks.
Week 1 Workouts:
- Monday: Off / Michael’s biz holiday party
- Tuesday: AM spin / PM run and stretching – MY FIRST 2-a-day!
- Wednesday: Off (was meant to swim, but had a cold, so went to bed instead)
- Thursday: AM spin
- Friday: Off / I received Book of Mormon Tickets for my birthday back in September and finally got to see the show! It was great.
- Saturday: 90 minute ride with my old tri team and core (see photo)
- Sunday: 30 minute ride and 60 minute run
Total: 6 hours, 30 minutes of training
Plan for Week 2 (December 14):
My focus this week will be getting back into the pool (hopefully to remind myself that I can, in fact, swim) and getting in all of my strength workouts. 3 of the 4 strength workouts are 10 minute core workouts so it’s just a matter of making them a habit. I have no excuse for missing them!
- Monday: Swim (60 mins) & strength (40 mins)
- Tuesday: Run (60 mins) & strength (10 mins)
- Wednesday: Endurance swim (60 mins)
- Thursday: Bike (60 mins) & strength (10 mins)
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Endurance Bike (90 mins)
- Sunday: Swim (60 mins), Run (60 mins), Strength (10 mins)
Total: 9 hours, 10 minutes of training
Despite some of the challenges I had this week, it feels wonderful to be back in the saddle and ‘in pursuit’ of something big and audacious!